Tuesday, July 13, 2010

White Collar

White Collar, USA Network's amazing show, premiered Season 2 last night. I couldn't be there (and, now that I think of it, can't be there) because of my commitments. Oh well. I plan on being at the computer every single Wednesday morning, glued to Hulu.
All this to say: I'm so ecstatic for White Collar's return! My friends stare at me in dismay, wondering how on earth I could possibly love that show as much as I do - and then they remember that it's me, which explains everything.
Truthfully, it would take me a long time to answer why it appeals to me so much. Maybe it's because White Collar is a show about (surprise!) white collar crime. Not that I condone it - but this series is so different than the others. Criminals actually think, bloodshed is minimal, and...okay, fine. Neal Caffrey is cute. I said it. The world can read it, now. Anyway...White Collar is a show that forces the viewer to buckle in or step to the side. Doze off and you'll be hopelessly lost. It's frustrating at times, but I'd rather watch something that forces me to think outside the box than a stale half-hour diversion (I'm not going to mention Spongebob or anything like that because, well, that would be just cruel to those poor, deprived viewers, wouldn't it?). I realize the show has its faults, but I'm going to overlook them and just maybe have fun with a few constructed fabrications. Working for the FBI with a character like Neal wouldn't be half bad...

1 comment:

  1. I think this show is amazing! They way how they do everything is baffling...I wonder what real art thieves think of it?

    ReplyDelete